Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been living with IBS-D for 8 years now....I do not eat or drink anything 2 hours before I leave home or the entire time I am out. If I go out for an entire day I become grouchy, lightheaded and develop a headache from not eating or drinking all day... I have not been on a vacation with my family in 7 years because of IBS.... I cannot go out and enjoy a meal with my husband and children...and even when I am at family get togethers I do not eat or drink anything (if nothing goes in nothing will need to come out)..If I have a busy week I may go most of that week only eating one small meal each day and minimal fluids. I avoid all the food that I have been told to avoid and still have problems....I have been to several GI docs and everyone wants to perform a colonoscopy on me even when I have the results of other ones that have been done recently.....I am becoming totally disgusted with the medical field the more I experience it....I'm just totally frustrated and tired of living like this..............

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Hi, welcome to the forums!Sorry to learn about your situation. We all understand what you've been through.What's so tough is that the stomach may not get the rthythm it needs when not eating. So, starving may not help as much as it may seem. Have you tried eating little bites more frequently instead of eating a full meal? Taking in little morsels multiple times a day may lessen the stamoch's burden and trigger less reaction. I'm wondering what meds and/or therapy you've tried so far? Have you tried Immodium? Or Probiotics? Or hypnotherapy? Taking Imodium before eating may help calm down the colon, for example...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.