Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few years ago there was a long post on incomplete evacuation as a symptom - see http://www.ibsgroup.org/forums/index.php?/topic/91738-incomplete-evacuation-as-a-symptom/.Quite a few people have contacted me lately about this symptom as I started this post.I am therefore setting up an email group for the discussion of incomplete evacution as a symptoms. IBS in general is of course poorly understood, but as for incomplete evacution-type constiption - I think most doctors don't seem to believe it exists or think it is insignificant. For that reason I wish to set up a mailing list for those of us with incomplete evacuation. I've done a lot of research into this and I'll share what I know, though I'm still suffering hugely with this and I don't have any answers as yet! We can all swap info we've got from doctors and our own symptom pictures and specific observations, and from that work together to build a picture of what might be happening. I really think this is the best chance anyone who truly has I.E. has got right now. There's some - a little - research into constipation but as medicine does not seem to understand all that much about how the process of defecation works right now, there really isn't any research being done into this symptom directly.So please send me a message if this is your primary symptom, especially if you have it all the time, and if you are interested in joining this group

·
Community Manager
13,220 Posts
hi naomi-- i tried to pm you but got the message saying you could not receive any new messages.anyway, that'a a great idea. you're right--the docs aren't much help so pooling our knowledge is a terrific idea.and yes i would like to join the group--i'm ibs-c, have ie... i'm not sure how often i'll be able to participate though since lately my time on the boards has been very limited--several serious illnesses in the immediate family including my husband so i'm out of town a lot, at the hospital all day, taking him to appts, etc. etc. but when i have the time, i can participate. thanks! annie

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Annie - I remember you well from the orginal thread. Hope you are doing more or less OK. I have deleted my messages now so you can PM me, but actually under the new board system if you go to someone's "profile" there is a link you can click on to email them directly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.