Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'ts like I'm not c just terrible incomplete evacuation issues i'm in the toilet all day can't leave the house. I'm depresssed my boyfriedn's mom said I had to go to some family thing with them,it involves on an airplane and spending days states away. I'd just end up really irritable because I feel so sick and not make it anywhere with them cuz I'm stuck in the toilet. They think they want me their they better think again it will be miserable for me and them. I can';t go just can't and It makes me feel depressed. My stools are just reg hardness I guess,sometiems soft/mush,can become or d like. there is always stools stuck in there and I will not come out unless I use my finger,I'm sorry and If I don't stays in there making me feel more sick. I'm staring to make dietery changes then get so depressed and eat a yogurt or something that is not for ibs. I don't talk to anyone during the day on the phone cuz when I must go I will hang up and get to the bathroom plus I'm so crabby and snippy I don't want to bite someone's head off.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no if I take any imodium it plugs me up,not a good thing I have lots of bathroom trips because stools aren't formed that well and get stuck. I'm not C OR D,its like I'm in the middle my biggest problems are incomplete evacuation if I don't use my finger it refuses to come out making me more sick. tons of trapped gas only think that works to get it out is to lay on the floor take my deodarant with cap on and push and lots come out, massaging stomach does nothing. I feel best sitting down moving and standing up I feel worse. I'm not going on the trip just can't an my boyfriend is ok with it but his mom is pushy and can't understand No and she already knows about my ibs. but still I won't go she can push all she wants no one can make me go

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Aren't formed usually counts as soft or loose and that is on the diarrhea side of things rather than perfectly normal.If you can't get a soft stool out (rather than they are so hard and dry they can't move) you probably need to have pelvic floor testing because it sounds like you can't relax the sphincter enough to let a normal to soft stool out.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't have insurance and I live at my dad's hosue cuz I can't work enough hours to make enough to live on my own so no medicare or medicade for me..do u know how much it would be without insurance? so how would I even go about making an appointment to have pelvic floor testing done,ask if they do that in this town? and if the pelvic floor shows what you say what can even be done about it ??

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Usually pelvic floor testing is done at larger hospitals. If there is a teaching hospital near you a lot of those will do reduced cost/charity work.I don't know what they cost, but I'm sure you can find out.If the pelvic floor can't relax to let the stool out the main treatment is biofeedback. (they sometimes will do other things if this doesn't work, but I'm not sure what all of them are) It is a bit embarassing but they put a probe down there so you can learn to tell the sphincter to relax and let the stool out when you need to have a BM rather than having it tighten up to the point you can't move anything out.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm very grateful for this site and thank you for being helpful and nice. please be my friend. well I live in a small town with 1 hospital. Is there anyway I can self help myself at home? I can't travel cuz I can't leave the toilet its so hard. It's my life being in there all day then working a few hours to pay for food and supplements/birth control. do you think all the years of not following an ibs friendly diet cause the ibs to become severe with spasms/tightness,trapped gas. and this problem developed? I'm one of those ppl the more I want something I can't have the more I go for it which is junk food and horid diet. When I was about 5years or so, my mom had the vehicle running and she stepped out of the car where I could see her and in said DO NOT TOUCH and I did touch and ran through the garage door. Butt i've been thinking today and decided to think of ibs diet (...com way) as taking responsibility and control over my life..oh I hope there's a chance with diet and the right supplements I can get a ton better
how about kegal exercises? i've never had a kid but can it help? also I've made a list of supplements to try and some are probiotics(tried align for years did nothing fo me,probly try philips colon),metamucil smooth unflavored origional,Catalist U digestive enzyme,caltrate. Right now I'm doing 1/2 caltrate a day the white and purple box...just started this about yesterday.right now I found some great reads to look over thanks for mentioning pelvic floor and all that. http://bio-medical.com/news_display.cfm?newsid=47http://www.healingwell.com/community/defau...6&m=1704626http://www.aboutgimotility.org/site/about-...ng/pelvic-floor

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Kegels tend to be about increasing the tone of the muscles so they will stay tight better, not so much about how to make the relax when they should.However they probably won't hurt, and you might be able to work on the relax phase of the exercise not just the tighten up on your own.People get IBS and other GI problems even with the healthiest diets so junk food doesn't seem to cause any specific damage. GI infections (which are hard to avoid) seem a more likely cause. That being said, finding a healthy diet is a good thing and boosting overall health won't make things worse. Just take note as some healthy foods (like beans) can be gassy so may bother some IBSers.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I know about the diet and that it woun't cause internal damage but following a diet to control my symptoms. I really belive heather's diet help for ibs,have u heard of it lots of ppl have way normal lives now by following her eating for ibs guidelines. so do you think maybe by controlling the ibs symptoms my incomplete evacuation could improve or go away?

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
That diet helps some people, but I haven't heard it reverse pelvic floor problems, but may help with other things.Some people do better on a low starch diet than on her high soluble fiber one that tends to have a lot of starchy foods.There is no single diet that cures everyone. It would be a lot easier if it did.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ok,I just remember when my ibs was less severe and I didn't have the incomplete evacuation problems severe like I do now I can say I was alot better I was getting more normal. But once I graduate high school I was working 5 days a week instead of just on weekends and fell off the diet. I know I have a tilted uterus if that means something. I don't have a good long term memory but I do remember I refused to touch "NO NO's" even if they were offered or right infront of my face like pizza hut pizza. I was better then. well I best get right back to those days as It;s scary It's gotten to the point I want to quit my job and I'm always hididng how awful I feel at work my ibs is attacking me on the inside and unhappyness shows on my face I lie to ppl or just tell them I don't want to talk about it. No one there needs to know now as i've kept it secret for 5 years cuz I work at nighttime where I feel ill but am not stuck in the bathroom but on some of my days off I notice bm's even after 7pm I feel best relaxing sitting down and all my urges and bms happen when I'm sitting down relaxing/eating drinking. I even feel sometimes when I'm standing up I MUST sit down at my computer and then I'm in the toilet real soon and have bm.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Not sure what to tell you.If you can't see a doctor would you at least consider home self-hypnosis. It helps some people with the worry and all that surrounding IBS as well as the symptoms of IBS.Doesn't help everyone, but the home ones are relatively inexpensive (cheaper than seeing a hypnotherapist several times, usually less than seeing them once and you don't have to find one).If you are feeling anxious or depressed getting treatment for that may help and a lot of those drugs also damp down the sensations of IBS that can be distressing.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I think maybe all the spasms ibs trigger foods I ate make it so the stool isn't formed into one bigger stool is why I have so many bathroom trips. cuz I used to not be bad like this. Yes I must start to self help. have u heard of Catalist U digestive enzyme? yea probly stress and being depressed make me eat "no no's" I think once I see improvement I will feel alot less stressed and not depressed. I think I will go the natural way to help like hypnotherapy,probitics,digestive emzymes once I get this diet under control and get caught up on some bills I will buy new supplements. I bought metamucil capsules should those help? no more prescriptions for me I pay full price out of pocket for birth control already,but thanks for suggestion plus I would rather go all natural except hte birth control pill lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.