Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read about this, and it seems to be more common with IBS-C, however I believe I get it quite frequently, and it's particularly annoying, as I just go a bit, then feel like I need to either keep going, but I don't, or I do need to keep going a little bit here and there.

·
Registered
976 Posts
MumbleI have IBS-D, and have very loose stools, I go first thing in the morning, and then have to go back a couple of times as it always seems like I havnt finished. You would think that it would be easy going to the toilet when its loose but it seems not to all come out at once, so have to keep going back. Dont know why, perhaps someone has an idea, why when you have loose stool you cannot always go properley and completley this first time. ?

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
The colon doesn't necessarily stop pushing stuff to the end just because you recently had a BM. If it is in a state of high activity for awhile, it may move new stool down after the BM clears the rectum out.IBSers often over-respond to the natural signals for increased activity so often get several BM's before the colon goes back to a lower activity state.Add to that most of us over-respond when the rectum first starts to fill rather than feeling nothing until it really is full you can end up going if any new stool gets pushed to the end even if it is just a little bit.

·
Registered
626 Posts
This is one of the primary symptoms (along with bloating and D) that I had/have with the SIBO... very annoying, I agree.One thing that seemed to help me specifically with the IE was adding a daily does of Citrucel to my diet. It added bulk to the stool and made it a lot easier for me to go.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts