Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kmottus wrote:Some people also have what is called "incomplete evacuation" so either they do not pass everything as they should, or it feels like they didn't pass everything they should. (this is the no matter how many suppositories, enemas, etc I do in a row I still have more that has to come out, and NOTHING ever comes out....sometimes there is stuff in there, but sometimes it is just bad signals from the rectal area that gives the feeling that you have much more to release after a BM when there is nothing in there)K.-----------------------------I think what my mom has is the first version--i.e., genuine incomplete evacuation rather than just the sensation of it. On the other hand, though, she goes quite a bit every day, so it's the small amount that is left over that is causing her so much misery (constant feeling of fullness and thus ongoing weight loss.What diagnoses and treatments should she be exploring? One doctor has told her she has pelvic floor dysfunction, but do people with pelvic floor dysfunctin really go every day? What are some of the other possibilities?
Her general doctor is telling her that it's IBS and she just has to learn to live with it.Given her extreme discomfort, this view is not sitting well with her.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, she went in for the test (defacography) and this is what they found:"Huge enterocele with prolapse of several loops of small bowel into the pelvis, compressing the bladder and rectum."What now? The lab doctor says definitely surgery, but my mom is adamantly opposed to this course. All of her health problems have been caused by doctors, and she doesn't want any more meds, any knives . . . any of it. Besides, don't surgeries for these sorts of things often cause even more problems?Biofeedback is apparently helpful for enteroceles...but what about for "huge" enteroceles?Any thoughts on all of this, anyone?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts