Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello!
biggrin.png
Since Christmas (I know right, what a great Christmas present...) I have been having an issue with having incomplete bowel movements. Before this issue happened, I was quite sick for 4 days and was throwing up A LOT! I always have a bowel movement after I come back from school (3:30 pm ish) It comes out perfectly, I do not have to strain, though I sometimes have to on the occasion. I will poop out maybe 4-6 inches of stool, but I do not feel completely empty, thus feeling uncomfortable and I have to wipe like 15+ times! I know when I have complete bowel movements because I only have to wipe ONE time, but if it's incomplete, I am in the bathroom for what seems like ages...I AM ONLY 13! I DON'T WANT TO LIVE WITH THIS! I take one teaspoon of Konsyl (fiber supplement similar to Metamucil, the powder kind) every morning. I try to avoid dairy, though I do eat yummy probiotic filled Greek yogurt every day. I include fruits and veggies in my diet everyday, and like I said before I try to avoid dairy, sugar, and fast foods at all costs! Maybe once a week I will have a perfect poop, but every other day I feel incomplete...I squat when I poop, so that the poop can come out easier. I don't know what else to do? Please help, thank you very much!

·
Community Manager
13,198 Posts
have you tried putting your feet on something like a footstool, large shoe box, overturned wastebin or a squatty potty while sitting on the toilet. elevating the feet straightens out the anorectal angle and allows a more complete evacuation. you might have to experiment a bit to find out what height works best for you. i tried a footstool, then a shoe box and finally ending up buying a squatty potty on amazon. that really helped.

also--ask your parents to take you to a pediatric gastroenterologist, who can help you with your problem.

good luck with everything.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Annie! Thanks for the reply, though I do already squat when going to the bathroom. I get it out easily, but can't seem to get the rest out. When I went to my annual doctor's checkup with my Mom, I told the Doctor about my issue and she said it was "completely normal" ? When it is not...But thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Annie! Thanks for the reply, though I do already squat when going to the bathroom. I get it out easily, but can't seem to get the rest out. When I went to my annual doctor's checkup with my Mom, I told the Doctor about my issue and she said it was "completely normal" ? When it is not...But thanks for the reply.

·
Community Manager
13,198 Posts
did you see your family doctor or a gastroenterologist? gastro docs are more knowledgeable and proactive about these problems than regular docs.

·
Community Manager
13,198 Posts
because of your age and the fact that i am not a doctor, i don't feel comfortable in recommending things to try--your doc should do that but---possibly something you could try are glycerin suppositories. they are made of glycerin (soap), they do not have laxatives in them , they can be used by children over 5 and they do help move stool out that is stuck in the rectum.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts