Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anybody tell me why with ibs u get feelings of incomplete evacuation. It's driving me crazy. I always feel like i need to go and nothing is there. Also does anybody else wake up in the morning with aches in their lower ab - all the way across. Not spasms but aches?

·
Registered
11 Posts
oh yeah, i know what you mean about incompletion. i never had the aches though. my gi told me to take a fiber supplement. it forms a gel that clumps everything together to get it all out at once, instead of going to the bathroom 3 times in an hour. it actually made me worse though. eating plenty of veggies seems to work the best. sometimes i feel like i have to go so bad and then maybe only a little comes out or just mucous. it's very annoying. i know.

·
Banned
8,831 Posts
If you are the C type and have incomplete evacuation you may have pelvic floor dysfunction(PFD).PFD refers to a discoordination of the pelvic floor muscle, which results in impaired defecation. [59] During normal defecation the muscles of the pelvic floor relax, allowing the rectum to be evacuated. Patients with PFD have either failure to relax or paradoxical contraction of the pelvic floor muscle, resulting in obstructed defecation.

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Stedwell, do a search on IBS and the "sensation of incomplete evacuation" That will help you."What can cause the feeling of stool being stuck in the rectum or anus?M.M. Ronen AraiDr. Arai is Senior Fellow in Gastroenterology at the University of Miami School of Medicine in Miami, Florida. In many cases, the sensation that stool is stuck in the rectum is based in reality. People suffering from chronic constipation often do not completely evacuate hardened stool. However, in other instances, such as in patients with irritable bowel syndrome, a sensation of incomplete evacuation may occur even when there is no stool left in the rectum. In such people, an abnormally sensitive rectum may falsely give the impression of incomplete evacuation." http://www.ivillagehealth.com/experts/dige..._174786,00.html

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.