Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,This is my first time posting to the board, and I'm really glad I came across it.I was diagnosed with IBS just about a year ago. Luckily enough, I do not have severe symptoms, but they are enough to cause my grief.I've done a lot of research on it, and try to control it the best I can.I do have one question. I do have the feeling of incomplete evacuation, however I am not sure if my feeling is what the term refers to. I sometimes have the feeling of stool still being right at the rectum, however it can take a day or two for that feeling to go away (or if I have a bowel movement). Is this what the term refers to? Or does it refer ot the feeling in the lower abdomen? This is one feeling that sometimes causes me grief, as I'm not sure if it is normal or not. If anyone can share their thoughts on this I'd greatly appreciate it.

·
Banned
8,831 Posts
You squeeze the anal sphincter muscles as if to hold back gas or stool. pretend you are sucking in a straw with those muscles. It strengthens those muscles as well as the pelvic floor muscles.kegel exercises have sometimes been described as as if you were stopping urine flow. Do this for a count of five repeatedly for 15 mins, thrice a day.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.