Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner

Incomplete movements and gas problems for more than a year

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  HEY098 
#1 ·
Its been about 15 months since this all started, I was traveling to a city nearby with friends and I started feeling very gassy. I went to the bathroom to make it stop but it didnt, it continued and it hasnt stopped since then. I cant ever evacuate completely and I have to go constantly to the bathroom because of that, about every 2-3 hours or sometimes even less and when Im at school I cant go that often and when I can finally go, I get constipated and it doesnt come out but the gas still continues.
Its so embarrassing being in crowded places or somewhere enclosed like a car or a room with someone and it just suddenly starts to smell disgusting and I know its me. When Im in class I can hear people coughing or saying it smells horrible and its a nightmare. I just cant stop passing gas and its been a year!! Its uncontrollable it just comes out every minute or so sometimes and I cant stop no matter what I do!
I noticed that when I drink milk it gets worse so I only drink lactose-free milk and yogurt always. And even if I do that, it just wont stop.
Ive went to the doctor several times and he gave me this thing called Simeticone timebutine and a laxative but they dont work, I still have extreme gas and incomplete bowel movements.
It seems to worsen when Im with people, I still have gas when Im alone but not as much. This has made me so anxious lately, I get so scared everytime Im out of my house and it has sadly made me loose friendships. It seems that me getting nervous and anxious makes the gas worsen.
Im a female and 14 and I dont want this to keep ruining my life even more, because Im extremely shy and this problem just makes it even worse.
When I was little I did sometimes have some bad stomachaches but I didnt get gas or constipation, just very bad stomachaches. It wasnt very often and it was normally at night so other than that, I could live normally and study and my stomach didn't interfere in my life.
My mom had this problem as well until some years ago and my sister also has it.
I just want to live normally as I did some years ago :(
Does anyone knows any diet or good remedy that can I get? I know starving isnt good but Ive been doing it for a while like not having breakfast or not having dinner and its the only temporary thing that works.
Ill really appreciate any help. Sorry if this was long and if you read it thank you so much.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.