Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks, I am 32 year old male, I suffer from a very annoying problem and wonder if anybody could help. Problem is this, when I go for a No 2, wipe up etc sometime later it feels like i have never wiped if you catch my drift, so, I go back to the toilet to wipe again and the poo on the toilet paper is as if i have never wiped in the first place. This just continues over and over. Its so annoying. I've never been to my GP re this as its pretty embarrasing and I didn't know if there would be a cure for this sort of stuff. I have had in the past 2 colonolscopy's to check for polyps and wonder if this could be connected ie the camera up my bum has damaged the muscles??Not sure if this is classed as incontinence but whatever it is, it is really annoying the life out of me. I don't have any pains, my motions are regular and this is the only part of going to the toilet that gives me any problem. Please HELP!!

·
Registered
722 Posts
What has happened to me on a number of occassions is that i have passed wind and have passed some shall we say poo on my underwear,not a lot,but of course i have to clean myself up and change my underwear.I do have loose muscles in my rectum due to chronic straining,so i'm doing pelvic floor exercises to see if they can help.Do not be embarrassed to go and see your GP/Doctor as they have seen it all before, i'm sure on a daily basis and hopefully you can have your mind put at rest as to what it is.Take care.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Without a full medical check up, & history, we can only speculate what the cause is.There are many variables ranging from poor diet & lifestyle to medical problems. Poor composition of stools & inability to fully clear the bowel can lead to a soiled bottom.I'd start by having a look at your poop before you flush.In my opinion, unless your stools are nearly perfect, wiping with paper often just smears.Southern Europeans seem to have us covered when it comes to bottom cleanliness by washing with a bidet.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BidetIf your bottom continues to be soiled even after washing, then you'll need to work towards a diagnosis.Without medical consultation & tests the number of possible causes of your problem is almost endless.

·
Registered
19 Posts
It's true, I have trouble with this as well. Partly it is that it is very difficult to wipe completely if your stools are on the soft side, the only way I can ever get really squeaky clean is to take a shower after a BM. But I do have a problem with leakage of stool as well, but again I think if my stool was firmer I could get it all out in one piece once a day and be done with it (and clean!)the rest of the day.

·
Registered
712 Posts
It's true, I have trouble with this as well. Partly it is that it is very difficult to wipe completely if your stools are on the soft side, the only way I can ever get really squeaky clean is to take a shower after a BM. But I do have a problem with leakage of stool as well, but again I think if my stool was firmer I could get it all out in one piece once a day and be done with it (and clean!)the rest of the day.
In the absence of any history I would recommend taking Normafibe which is an inert soluble fibre.Normafibe gives one the bulk often missing in modern diets and when taken with meals tends to result in more complete stools.This might be enough to allow the rectum to clear more completely.Naturally, plenty of water, a good diet, exercise, and a regular elimination time should also be adopted.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.