Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone get urgency with their D and become incontinent.I have no pain and no warning it just happens after eating and I don't know what triggers it

·
Registered
518 Posts
Hi Flath,Yes, I do have urgency with my D and incontinence sometimes (far too often really). See the thread from yesterday: http://www.ibsgroup.org/ubb/Forum1/HTML/023148.html .You'll see that we're not the only ones. It does happen to me about half an hour to an hour after I have eaten, especially after lunch and dinner. Eating in itself does set off activity in the bowels. I am trying to control it with Caltrate and a low carb diet and eating smaller portions and maybe 5 times a day instead of bigger portions 3 times a day. It's improved, but right now I'm having another flare-up for about three weeks. Hope you'll get more replies,Fay

·
Registered
518 Posts
Hi Flath,Yes, I do have urgency with my D and incontinence sometimes (far too often really). See the thread from yesterday: http://www.ibsgroup.org/ubb/Forum1/HTML/023148.html .You'll see that we're not the only ones. It does happen to me about half an hour to an hour after I have eaten, especially after lunch and dinner. Eating in itself does set off activity in the bowels. I am trying to control it with Caltrate and a low carb diet and eating smaller portions and maybe 5 times a day instead of bigger portions 3 times a day. It's improved, but right now I'm having another flare-up for about three weeks. Hope you'll get more replies,Fay

·
Registered
256 Posts
Fecal incontinence is the most embarassing thing about IBS. It's not like a little leaking with urinary incontinence that some women experience. I have also had urgent, unexpected, uncontrollable diarrhea. Medical providers don't always believe that this happens to you. While on Lotronex, it only happened a couple of times. I'm not always sure what the "trigger" is, but a large meal can sometimes precede it as well as traveling in a car. I carry extra clothing and baby wipes whenever I go somewhere, just in case. If they really understood what this was like, they would return Lotronex to us!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Fecal incontinence is the most embarassing thing about IBS. It's not like a little leaking with urinary incontinence that some women experience. I have also had urgent, unexpected, uncontrollable diarrhea. Medical providers don't always believe that this happens to you. While on Lotronex, it only happened a couple of times. I'm not always sure what the "trigger" is, but a large meal can sometimes precede it as well as traveling in a car. I carry extra clothing and baby wipes whenever I go somewhere, just in case. If they really understood what this was like, they would return Lotronex to us!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts