Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,Just some questions about the increase in my IBS symptoms. I believe I have had IBS most of my life, but I have noticed that the symptoms have after a couple of incidents worsened.I would say they went from mild to moderate about 5 years ago after I had abdominal surgery that required manipulation of my bowel to get to other organs.I would say they went from moderate to severe about 6 months ago after a particularly nasty bout of gastritis.Am I right in thinking the manipulation of my bowel during my surgery was responsible for the first change and the bout of gastro for the second?The bout of gastro I had around 6 months ago was the worst ever. It lasted for about 10 days and was chronic for the first two, requiring me to even get up every 15 mins or so right through the night.I have wondered about this for a while and thought it was possible for these incidents to be resposible as undoubtedly my GI tract would be more sensitive than someone who does not have IBS yes?

G

·
Both surgery and Gastroenteritis seem to be things that can trigger the onset of IBS. It makes sense that they could also make IBS worse once you already have it.K.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.