Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to this site as I think I have IBS but am unsure at this time. I have a scheduled test later in August to confirm whether I do or not. The information on this site is extremely helpful but I am unsure if I really have the symptoms that might identify IBS.I have a constant ache in my left site (in the bowel) with alot of bubbles. The reason I am not sure if it is IBS is that I really don't have a problem with D or C, I just have this discomfort.. Can you help??

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
IBS is usually pain AND a change in stool consistancy or frequency. Often relieved when you pass gas/have a BM (not required).You can have functional abdominal pain without any change in stool consistancy at all. This pain is treated the same way IBS pain is treated, so it won't make much difference if your doctor calls it IBS or CFAP (chronic functional abdominal pain).IBS pain can be in a lot of locations, but on the left side is very common.K.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
IBS is usually pain AND a change in stool consistancy or frequency. Often relieved when you pass gas/have a BM (not required).You can have functional abdominal pain without any change in stool consistancy at all. This pain is treated the same way IBS pain is treated, so it won't make much difference if your doctor calls it IBS or CFAP (chronic functional abdominal pain).IBS pain can be in a lot of locations, but on the left side is very common.K.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts