Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,I was wondering if anyone has ordered from "Inhouse Pharmacy", particularly, if anyone has ordered the generic version of Zelnorm from them? I am wondering if it's a legitimate website and if the drug actually works?

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Hey guys,I was wondering if anyone has ordered from "Inhouse Pharmacy", particularly, if anyone has ordered the generic version of Zelnorm from them? I am wondering if it's a legitimate website and if the drug actually works?
I order from them exclusively. I used to order from medsmex but they are 3x the cost and I think maybe now it's shut down. The generic works the same for me as the brand Zelnorm. A word of caution: Please don't use a credit card. Get a virtual credit card from the bank for 1x use. My card (and others) were hacked into using both medsmex and inhousepharmacy. Happened to me once with each company! So I only use a gift credit card from the bank. The customer service is very good at inhousepharmacy and also I get my med very quickly! Good luck. Tiss

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I order from them exclusively. I used to order from medsmex but they are 3x the cost and I think maybe now it's shut down. The generic works the same for me as the brand Zelnorm. A word of caution: Please don't use a credit card. Get a virtual credit card from the bank for 1x use. My card (and others) were hacked into using both medsmex and inhousepharmacy. Happened to me once with each company! So I only use a gift credit card from the bank. The customer service is very good at inhousepharmacy and also I get my med very quickly! Good luck. Tiss
Thanks guys,What is the most anyone has ordered at one time from them? I am thinking of ordering just 100 pills the first time because I'm not sure how it works with customs...I'm taking the advice about my card, I went to my bank and told them I wanted to purchase something online but didn't want to take any risks, so they helped me open up another account with just the amount of my purchase in it, and nothing more. So hopefully that will work.Also,I read somewhere else on the boards that someone heard India might stop manufacturing Tegibs, has anyone else heard this?

·
Community Manager
13,221 Posts
the most i've ever ordered from inhouse is 100 pills. kathleen posted this very informative link with the fda info on drug importation--it talks about personal use and mentions a three supply. and i've read the three months thing elsewhere so i have always stuck with that. http://www.fda.gov/ForIndustry/ImportProgram/ucm173751.htmi read that post too about india might stop manufacturing tegibs...haven't read/heard about it anywhere else. sure would like to know more about it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Alright, I ordered, and this is the site I ordered from:http://www.inhousepharmacy.com/BUT I later came across another site somehow during an internet search for a website with a different address, so I don't think it's the right place but it's also called inhouse pharmacy:http://www.chicstate.com/I ordered from the first address, and just want to be sure I ordered from the right one! Is that the same website everyone else is using? I did get all of the emails, and I just got the "your order was shipped today" email with the tracking number, but I'm wondering how useful the tracking number will be? I went to USPS and entered it in and it said it was invalid or whatever...are you guys usually able to track your packages from them right away or does it take a while?

·
Community Manager
13,221 Posts
no i haven't heard anything about the chicstate site either...oh yes it could take a while for the tracking number to show up at the usps website--maybe a day or even two. especially when it originates in a foreign country. and then sometimes usps has trouble with track and confirm--website problems-- and it takes a little longer. a lot of times their tracking gets updated at night. (i'm retired (thankfully) from usps..) and also--inhouse is in the south pacific--vanuatu--in different time zone...they are about fifteen hours ahead of us (usa-eastern daylight time). so that might make a difference with tracking..not sure??oh and make sure and put in all the letters--the rr and the vu--as well as the number when you track it--that's the whole number.try the number again tomorrow am--it'll probably show up then.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
no i haven't heard anything about the chicstate site either...oh yes it could take a while for the tracking number to show up at the usps website--maybe a day or even two. especially when it originates in a foreign country. and then sometimes usps has trouble with track and confirm--website problems-- and it takes a little longer. a lot of times their tracking gets updated at night. (i'm retired (thankfully) from usps..) and also--inhouse is in the south pacific--vanuatu--in different time zone...they are about fifteen hours ahead of us (usa-eastern daylight time). so that might make a difference with tracking..not sure??oh and make sure and put in all the letters--the rr and the vu--as well as the number when you track it--that's the whole number.try the number again tomorrow am--it'll probably show up then.
Whew that was quick, I looked up the tracking information again and it said it left Port Vila today. I'm looking forward to getting it, and I hope it works, but it's been so long since I've taken the regular Zelnorm that I'm worried my poor digestive system is just too far gone. I'll update more when I get it and when I try it out, so cross your fingers for me! You've all been so helpful I can't even begin to explain what a comfort it is to have people to talk to about things like these

·
Registered
14 Posts
DO NOT ORDER FROM INHOUSE!I was desperate for zelnorm.. i used to order to medmex and it worked great. They stopped shipping to Canada, so i tried inhouse. It doesn't work. It's not zelnormIf you live in the states, order from medsmex.com and you will have your product!

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
I have used both products from medsmex and inhousepharmacy. The generic from inhousepharmacy works the same for me. I did get a bad batch many years ago from Canada (whenthey were still selling it--I live in the states) and I think it's because it was exposed to high heat for long time. I live where it gets to over 100 in the summer and I think it sat in the PO truck all day!

·
Community Manager
13,221 Posts
like tiss, i have taken both medsmex zelnorm and inhouse tegibs and yes the generic from inhouse works just as well for me as script i had for novartis' zelnorm way back in the good ol days when zelnorm was still on the market here in the usa.it's like they say--your mileage may vary--we're all so different in how our bodies react to meds..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
like tiss, i have taken both medsmex zelnorm and inhouse tegibs and yes the generic from inhouse works just as well for me as script i had for novartis' zelnorm way back in the good ol days when zelnorm was still on the market here in the usa.it's like they say--your mileage may vary--we're all so different in how our bodies react to meds..
The Medsmex site lists their drug as "zelnorm" but underneath it says "zelmac", and I think zelmac is just another generic/brand of zelnorm just like tegibs anyway. I'm willing to try the tegibs first because if I ordered from Medsmex, you only get 30 pills and it costs over $100! If I ended up taking it 2x a day that's only 15 days. So I'm hoping tegibs works, I know generics can work differently because I take generic versions of my other meds but I'm going to give it a week or two and see. I'm going to try not to get my hopes up because it hasn't even gotten here yet, but I really do hope it works. I used to live in Michigan so I wouldn't have been to worried about the heat thing, but right now I live in the southeast and it is 100 degrees outside today which worries me, but I'm hoping that since they require a signature now, at least it won't be left to sit out on my porch or in my mailbox all day....Ahh I don't like all of this anxiety!

·
Registered
113 Posts
I'll second what Annie and Tiss said. For a long time I've used BOTH zelmac from medsmex and tegibs from inhouse. They both work about the same for me, which is to say, a little but much less than they used to (which could be my body).As far as heat damage, I'm concerned about that too even though I don't live in a hot climate. Inhouse ships from Vanuatu in the South Pacific. It's a long way to come and plenty of opportunity to be exposed to heat at stops along the way. But that could happen to a shipment from Mexico too. We just don't know and we are taking a chance. I guess that's the best argument for ordering only a little at a time, spread out the risk.p.s. you can order more than 30 from medsmex. I think they require paperwork for orders over $300 though. And you're right, they are much more expensive (I thought still under $100/box though?). That's why I won't order from them any more, I don't feel it's worth it to pay that much for something that only does me a little good.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi all, thanks for your input...I'm hoping the tegibs works just fine, I ordered on the 24th so I'm still waiting for my package - I guess the shipping information doesn't really update that much, it still says something like "foreign international dispatch" and that my package left Port Vila on the 24th.I have another question for you guys,From what I can remember about Zelnorm (it's literally been like 3 or 4 years since I last took it) when I took it, especially first starting out, I can remember having to go to the bathroom within the hour, and it was a very "fluid" movement, and there would usually be a couple more afterwards. But I don't remember cramping up like I do with laxatives, or having any real pain. The watery movements tapered off after taking it for a while and then it just helped regulate my system.I was wondering, what are your experiences with zelnorm, and does the tegibs work in a similar way? Any input would be great, I'm curious as to how zelnorm worked for other people. It's been so long since I last took it that my memory is fuzzy.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
My experience was much the same. The watery stools for a couple of weeks and then things settled down. I didn't go thru any transition from the brand zelnorm to the generic. I remember a wise person on the BB (Rose) who said once "less is better with zelnorm". I have found that to be true for myself. 3mg seems to work better than 6mg but everybody is different.

·
Community Manager
13,221 Posts
actually, zelnorm never really worked well for me.the first day i took it--6 mg in the am--i had a large--somewhat loose but no d--bm--very complete like everything had been flushed out of me. i felt terrific afterward--no cramps, no nausea, no bloating, no pain. it was like a miracle. i was estatic. the next day i had a sort of medium bm and didn't feel as good afterwards--some bloating, fullness. and the following days--nothing. i was back to my regular bm's--incomplete, lots of bloating, nausea, etc.and i began to experiment with different doses etc etc and finally realized zelnorm just wouldn't work properly--like a bowel regulator--for me. so i started taking it only a couple times a week--like a laxative. and then it would work pretty much like the first time (more or less).tegibs-and medsmex zelnorm--work exactly the same way for me as zelnorm did.but we're all so very different in how meds work for us so really the only way to know is to try it for yourself. good luck! hope tegibs works well for you.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.