Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've started a probiotic for the first time, for almost 2 weeks. It is called Flora Smart 6 Billion, by Renew Life (link). My symptoms had been a mixture of diarrhea with moderate cramping, alternating with constipation and more mild cramping. Occasional normal BM's were mixed in, but I never determined a pattern. It all seemed pretty unpredictable to me. Within 1-2 days of starting the probiotic, I no longer experienced the D, but I probably have had more frequent C. The good news is that the C is more tolerable than the D. But I was really hoping to eliminate both issues.I'm trying to decide what to do next. Here are my options, as far as I can think of:
  • Continue with current dose...give it more time to see what happens.
  • Increase dosage (Renew Life has a similar product up to 24 Billion)
  • Switch to another product altogether (I was thinking of trying Align next)
What do you think I should do? These initial results are mildly encouraging, but I'm hoping for more.Here is a link to the specs for the product I am taking: http://www.renewlife.com/specs/SpecSheetRN...art6Billion.pdf

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
HiGive it another couple of weeks to see if things improve even more. if they dont, switch to a different brand and see what happens. with probiotics it is hit and miss untill you find one or a combination of bacteria that work for you. it can take some time and setbacks before you find teh right mix. all teh bestIan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.