Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question about insolulible fiber. I have been diagnosed with IBS about 10 years ago and all doctors used to tell me to eat a lot of fiber products. But now my complaints have increased because of eating whole grain breads, whole grain rice, pasta, and so on. I read on the internet somewhere that insolulible fiber can increase your problems. Does anyone know if that is true and if so, why don't the doctors mention anything about it?

· Registered
69 Posts
Hi Birgit,Yes, although insoluable fiber is good for overall health, it's a horrible(!) trigger for those with IBS. I have been following the diet prescribed in the book Eating for IBS. The diet tells you to make sure to base every meal around SOLUABLE fibers and to carefully incorporate insoluable fibers into your diet. This link is an excerpt from the book and describes both fibers and their impact on your digestive system. I've done this diet for nearly three weeks and I've never felt better! http://www.eatingforibs.com/eatcook.htm Hope this helps!~julie

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.