Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else had this happen to them? I was OK all day at work, where it is hot all day there because of no airconditioning there. Like some 90 degrees. Anyway, I came home then with in 1/2 hours time I became nauseated. I had to go to the grocers because I needed some chocolate drink and some fruit punch. I cam home and drank the chocolate drink and I began to feel OK again. Then after downing the drink I stood up and was still nauseated. I feel a bit OK now at 11:20p. Like a 3 hours time difference in times. This rarely happens to me. I did not have the runs either. Nor did I throw up but came close to it a few times. Runny Girl

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Marleen, did you anything at all today? I know this weather that we've been having can be brutal on our bodies. Sure wish you had a/c at work.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lee W., I do have a air conditioner on me table where I work at. But I was working other places. But, I may have figured out what had happened. I was working on these cylinders and while I was waiting for the cylinders to empty I was sitting in a chair that was able to spin. You know one of those computer chairs. Anyway, I decided to spin around not once but several times in all different directions. Anyway, I suffer from motion sickness and I beloever this was a delayed reaction to the spinning. I feel mucho better this night now.I had no appetite tonight up until now and since it is 11:32p as I type this reply out it too late to go out and get anything to eat. I am drinking on me chocolate drink now.Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Boy you are lucky being able to have chocolate. That is a sure fire way for me to get the runs. It is one of my triggers. Thankfully, it is not something I crave a lot. Prefer many other things over chocolate.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
I was going to say that. Chocolate is a no-no on the diet the doctor gave me. And when I first got IBS, on the last day of an antibiotic last year, it was two pieces of chocolate See's candy that set it off. The worst night I can remember -- D all night and cramps so bad I was afraid my stomach was ripping out, the shakes and icy cold sweats and nausea. It's never been that bad since, but I haven't done any chocolate, either, except in a drink of Ensure, and that did have me running, come to think of it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have only had the runs one time from chocoalte and that wa just hot chocolate. This was many years ago. But for the most part chocoalte does not bother me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts