Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,I swallowed cloves thinking that I had parasites to get rid of, and had a revalation.When the cloves reached the intestine I started to get numb in spots (like you feel at the dentist but in my intestine). This is because cloves create a local anesthetic. So from this I can tell two things. Either my brain gut reaction is out of control or I have very little lining in spots.What do you think it is? Anyone have a list of things that can cause decreased small intestinal lining?Thanks

·
Registered
408 Posts
Clove oil for years has been used as a numbing agent. It's doesn't shock me that your insides felt this way. This doesn't mean your brain-gut function is out of control. I am sure if you had a friend try it, they'd have the same reaction you did.

·
Banned
3,903 Posts
i remember someone telling me years ago that cloves were used in the olden days to cure toothache, i thought what a load of bull, however i put it to the test last year when i had toothache, and i swear to god it took the pain away.I didnt believe it either and im sure folk are reading this and this what drivel is she speaking but its true it did work for me.

G

·
When I had a tooth pulled many years ago I got what is called "dry socket", which is like having 10 toothaches in one......the only cure for it was to go everyday for 10 days to the dentist and have it packed with oil of cloves soaked in gauze. Sure worked for me. By the 8th day, the dry socket was gone and just a memory.

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
IBS is a brain gut axis dysregulation first off, that is one thing they do know about IBS.I wouldn't conclude from this that "very little lining in spots."Just that clove oil is a known local anesthetic.I am not sure however what long term use of clove in this way would effect the bowel you might want to be careful with that.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hi,I have a 'Stomach-Ease' Tea that is supposed to aid digestion, it has Fennel, ginger, peppermint and cloves. I think it works, I've only been drinking it for a couple of days.I suppose cloves must ease pain as they're put in hot-whiskeys aswell.

·
Banned
3,903 Posts
i think i need to try this tea maevem as my digestive system is all to pot, been plagued with this bloody indigestion all week. I was taking zoton capsules for this, and i thought gggreat its working! is it hell its came back we vengance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.