Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been searching on Google for more ways to overcome this awful problem of leaky gas and found this post.http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Gastroenterology/foul-smelling-flatulence-all-time/show/438477It's very long, but at the very end, someone claims to have found the solution: eat a gluten-free diet. A grateful followup poster says this solution worked for him.Has anyone else tried this?So far, here are things that have failed for me:Charcoal underwear/padsPepto bismol (works for one day, then makes the smell worse)Activated charcoal capsules (slightly improves smell, but still bad reactions)Chlorophyll pills have done wonders for my bad breath, but nothing much for the leaky gas.

·
Registered
712 Posts
I've been searching on Google for more ways to overcome this awful problem of leaky gas and found this post.http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Gastroenterology/foul-smelling-flatulence-all-time/show/438477It's very long, but at the very end, someone claims to have found the solution: eat a gluten-free diet. A grateful followup poster says this solution worked for him.Has anyone else tried this?So far, here are things that have failed for me:Charcoal underwear/padsPepto bismol (works for one day, then makes the smell worse)Activated charcoal capsules (slightly improves smell, but still bad reactions)Chlorophyll pills have done wonders for my bad breath, but nothing much for the leaky gas.
A gluten free diet in isolation may or may not help you.If you could describe in detail your history diet, health & general condition, maybe l could offer suggestions to reduce your symptoms!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A gluten free diet in isolation may or may not help you.If you could describe in detail your history diet, health & general condition, maybe l could offer suggestions to reduce your symptoms!
Symptoms=typical. Apparently have a lot of gas, but can't "feel" it. I only realize that I smell from the bad reactions given by those around me (sniffs, coughs, covering their noses, people wanting to get away from me).Health=very good other than this leaky gas.Diet=typical American diet. Usually get a sandwich for lunch at work. A lot of carbs (bread, pasta, etc.) and meat (beef/chicken).A gluten-free diet is extremely impractical for me, and I can't really cook, so I don't think I'll follow one. I was just posting the link because some people claim that it cured their symptoms. I feel like I'm incurable

·
Registered
11 Posts
Cutting out gluten from my diet has worked for me as well, but in addition to this, I have also had to cut sugar from my diet, including any and all fruit. I was diagnosed with fructose malabsorption, and even though I cut all fructose and fructans (from wheat) from my diet, I still had leaky gas. Just recently I started taking Chlorophyll, in liquid form, about 15 mls a day before consuming any food, and this has worked wonders. Given my success with the chlorophyll, I was hopeful that I would be able to start consuming small quantities of fructose, but alas, complete abstinence from fructose and gluten, as well as taking chrophyll seem to be the only thing working for me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
----------------Wow you have been thru a lot. Just want to share with you what my husband is doing for his IBS. He's had super results... so I think it's worth the share. We've discovered that it makes a difference what foods you combine with each other...don't laugh yet.. this isn't craziness...Plus what foods you eat when. My husband has been suffering for over ten years and because he is on meds, he is starting to show the side effects of these drugs. I wanted so much (and so does he)for him to get off of these drugs, so I started surfing the net and came across this super site where this Dr. has been thru the same things you and my husband talk about.Check out this link and don't forget to sign up for the newsletter. This Dr gives very helpful newsletters.Don't Suffer With Gas or Bloating!Just to let you know. Since my husband started using this way of eating, he says he has such beautiful bowel movements without all the bloating, bubbles, blowouts, blasts and ......ahh! you know all the rest
.To your health

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.