Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read on another post can't find it now though of someone having this as well as IBS. I have been having problems with my bladder since I relapsed with IBS and was wondering if someone could describe some of the symptoms for me, I have burning pain, urgency to urinate and a jelly like discharge after I urinate.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hi Lyn I also have bladder problems . Sometimes I get burning on urinating , and quite often I get the feeling that I need to go more but I can't - only a few "drips" ! . It's similar to the good old IBS feeling of incomplete evacuation but applied to urinating .

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hi Lyn I also have bladder problems . Sometimes I get burning on urinating , and quite often I get the feeling that I need to go more but I can't - only a few "drips" ! . It's similar to the good old IBS feeling of incomplete evacuation but applied to urinating .

·
Registered
135 Posts
Lynfreak-I have both IBS-D and interstitial cystitis. As eric mentioned there are several good websites about this condition--also message boards. You may want to do an internet search. The symptoms can vary from person to person. In my case I thought I was having repeat bladder infections, for no apparent reason. Then I did an internet search and discovered I really had interstitial cystitis. Then I saw a urologist who did some tests too. For the most part, I am able to control it with Elmiron, Benadryl, and Prelief. Also I take Lotronex and Lomotil for the IBS-D.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Lynfreak-I have both IBS-D and interstitial cystitis. As eric mentioned there are several good websites about this condition--also message boards. You may want to do an internet search. The symptoms can vary from person to person. In my case I thought I was having repeat bladder infections, for no apparent reason. Then I did an internet search and discovered I really had interstitial cystitis. Then I saw a urologist who did some tests too. For the most part, I am able to control it with Elmiron, Benadryl, and Prelief. Also I take Lotronex and Lomotil for the IBS-D.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Lynfreak--also I have to watch my diet. Little to no carbonated beverages, little caffeine such as coffee or tea, little chocolate, little alcohol, etc. There is an IC diet that seems to work well for some people. For me, there are specific foods I know will most likely cause a problem. With the meds I now take, I can usually tolerate a small amout of these--so now I don't feel as deprived.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Lynfreak--also I have to watch my diet. Little to no carbonated beverages, little caffeine such as coffee or tea, little chocolate, little alcohol, etc. There is an IC diet that seems to work well for some people. For me, there are specific foods I know will most likely cause a problem. With the meds I now take, I can usually tolerate a small amout of these--so now I don't feel as deprived.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Wow, some more people. I sometimes Feel so alone. I have ic and just found out I have ibs. mostly pain, I feel like I need the bathroom all the time (that makes twice as much) blood in my urine, the jello like discharge. I am going to going back to the dmso treatment I helped me more then other oral meds and it didn't take very long. IT seems like the bathroom is going to control my whole life. I'm 21 trying to go to college.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Wow, some more people. I sometimes Feel so alone. I have ic and just found out I have ibs. mostly pain, I feel like I need the bathroom all the time (that makes twice as much) blood in my urine, the jello like discharge. I am going to going back to the dmso treatment I helped me more then other oral meds and it didn't take very long. IT seems like the bathroom is going to control my whole life. I'm 21 trying to go to college.

·
Registered
686 Posts
i have had bladder problems for the last ten years and have had every bit of medication going, after seeing the consultant at the hospital he feels i need a bladder lift i go for this in oct, so fingers crossed everything is ok after this op

·
Registered
686 Posts
i have had bladder problems for the last ten years and have had every bit of medication going, after seeing the consultant at the hospital he feels i need a bladder lift i go for this in oct, so fingers crossed everything is ok after this op

·
Registered
44 Posts
LynFreak,There is a known connection between interstitial cystitis and IBS. If you think you might have IC, rather than, say, a bladder infection, I would suggest you contact the Interstitial Cystitis Association, which is a terrific organization for IC patients. Their web site is: http://www.ichelp.org/welcome.html They can help you find a urologist in your area who knows IC and can help you treat your symptoms

·
Registered
44 Posts
LynFreak,There is a known connection between interstitial cystitis and IBS. If you think you might have IC, rather than, say, a bladder infection, I would suggest you contact the Interstitial Cystitis Association, which is a terrific organization for IC patients. Their web site is: http://www.ichelp.org/welcome.html They can help you find a urologist in your area who knows IC and can help you treat your symptoms

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.