Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was told I need intra anal massages inside my rectum to loosen and lengthen my pelvic floor muscles. I have pelvic floor dyssnergia constipation, with a really tight sphincter that does not relax, it is called hypertonic pelvic floor. It gives me incomplete evacuation causing my abdominal pain and constipation. Has anyone ever had a massage like this with fingers in your rectum? I find anything in my rectum extremely painful. Would love to hear if anyone has experienced anything like this, and what was it like? Thanks.

·
Community Manager
13,181 Posts
Hi

i have not had this done but i have read posts from people who have, both on this board as well as on the AGMD Motility Disorders Support Board (Inspire) -- https://www.inspire.com/groups/agmd-gi-motility/.

hopefully someone on here who's had it will answer your post.

hopefully your pelvic floor PT at mayo is aware of your pain and will be able to find a way to do this massage so it isn't painful for you.

good luck. hope it works out.

·
Registered
155 Posts
It is interesting they can do that. Sure hope it helps you. Can I ask how they diagnosed you with hypertonic pelvic floor?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. They diagnosed me with an anal manometry, which showed a non relaxing pelvic floor and sphincter. I was really hoping there was a way to lengthen and loosen the pelvic floor externally rather than internally. Was wondering if anyone ever had success with lengthening and stretching there pelvic floor. Thanks for the well wishes.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I hv a similar problem. It resulted in pressure at the spleen. Mostly splenic flexure. I started this massage together with kegel exercises, homeopathy and ayurvedic mild treatment for constipation. I am feeling a significant improvement

1 - 5 of 5 Posts