Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i am new to this and hesitant to jump into the embarasing questions but after reading everyones posts for over an hour i think i have the courage, besides i have no one to talk to about this, not even my husband, while i am very close to him some things i just dont share, lol now dont get me wrong ill sit here and belch louder than any of my 3 boys and laugh with them but when it comes to matters of the other end, i clam up, lolanyway i am 31, happily married with 3 boys, symptoms of my IBS started strangly enough when i was aon a slimfast diet, i have never ever ever had a stomach problem until after my 3rd child was born, and i went on slimfast, im not saying slimfast caused my IBS but thats exactly when problems started, i have not been officialy diagnosed with IBS because i lost my health insurance before all the major tests could be done, but my doctor said he was leanign towards the diagnosis based on symptoms etc, and blood work, as soon as i get insurance i plan on going back to the dr because quite frankly i am sick and i am tired of this, i have gas ALL the time, sometimes its just my stomach rumpling as loudly as possible , all the time, and my stomach hurts, i get stomach flue type cramps so bad i break out into a cold sweat and double over, i am always always gassy, its so bad my husband and i have not been intimate in a year, i just cant get any relief at all, its so embarasing, i have periodic bouts of constipation where i literally wont go to the bathroom for a week, longest was 10 days, i finally did a colon cleanser just because i was so miserable, and then i have bouts of diareah, sometimes 3 times a day , im at my wits end, its become so depressing for me i just dont know what to do , my marriage is not suffering from this but my self esteem is, i dont go anywhere except work, and im always having to get up when we are watching tv or having dinner, thank you for letting me vent, i have never said any of this out loud to anyone, i have no health insurance so medication is not an option, and even if it was the one thats on the market for IBS would be iffy for me, im one of those people who wont even take a diet pill because im terrified of the effects,thanks for listening to me

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
A, Just from what you have said, my gut response (wow... that was a bad pun.. sorry) is to ask you if you have tried a Probiotic? Essentially, they boost the 'good'gut bacteria. I am thinking maybe the Slim Fast, for whatever reason, threw off your gut bacteria balance... I dunno.Here is a link with info on what they are: http://www.usprobiotics.org/news/good_bugs.htm You can find good ones over the counter at like a Walgreens or CVS. GNC's carry them as well. Culturelle is a good one.Thanks for posting and Welcome!
I know it was hard for you to post. But that was probably your toughest post. Before you know it... you'll be talkin' trash about all kinds of 'bathroom' things like the rest of us.
Glad you and your boys are excellent burpers. There's loads to be said about better out than in.I wish I could say the same. But alas, no, my son absolutely refused to burp as an infant and it is still something he does rarely. My daughter however came out burpin like a trucker and still does.
LOLHope you feel better soon.BQ

·
Registered
385 Posts
A, As I was reading your post, I was thinking, "Hmm, sounds like she needs a probiotic." Then I scrolled down to BQ'a post and saw that she had beaten me to the punch. I decided to post anyway to reinforce her recommendation. Welcome to the Board!
Julia

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the post, i will call my doctor and check out probiotics, since i have no health insurance, i have to make it a good visit, lol get everything done at once

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.