Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
7,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am introducing a new feature (on a trial basis) called IBS Penpals. This will allow you to place your profile information in order to find a Penpal for additional support, other than from the bulletin board.The IBS Penpals form is located here: http://www.ibsgroup.org/main/penpals.html I should caution you that everything that you enter in your profile is visible to all website visitors. Please only use a private email address.To remove your entry please contact ibs###ibsgroup.org.I welcome your comments about this.Jeff

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
I think it is a great idea. So many people lose their friends, and feel no one else can understand what they go through. So many people become depressed and feel alone. Plus we all have other interests and common traits besides IBS. Learning about one another this way may promote the added "family" feeling and support the IBS BB is all about.Great idea.

G

·
With all due respect, this sounds to me like a way to defer the bb traffic elsewhere. Not that it is a bad idea... I just think that "penpal" activity already occurs as a natural course of events? I could be wrong. Just my opinion.Kinda sounds like you could use a helping hand?Evie

·
Banned
2,913 Posts
I think its a great idea. I think it can offer a person a chance to develop more of a one to one long distance relationship with someone who has similar problems or interests. Support is what it is all about. This would be in addition to the existing support.I wonder if Flux would want to be my penpal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts