Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,It has not been determined whether I have IBS. The mirrored symptoms of cramping, bloating, constipation, not feeling fully relieved, has caused me to wonder if this faceless condition is IBS. I have tried to tie in and identify any problem foods by the process of elimination. At first I knew to stay away from pizza and pasta but now it seems anything can enact as a trigger. At the moment I am staying away from diary to see whether or not there is an improvement. How do you differentiate the somewhat similar symptoms of IBS to lactose intolerance and other digestive problems? Also, has anyone reading this gone through this process?

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Ecuador, have you seen a doctor?This is very important.There are also tests for lactose intolerence.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Eric,I have seen a doctor and she thinks it is IBS but has not ruled out lactose intolerance. I don't think she realizes what a huge effect it has on one's life. How can you unless you have experienced it personally? I have a question though, does lactaid have any effect on IBS's dairy sensitivity?

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
You seems to live what i have been through.Lactaid and Beano dosen't works.You should be diagnosticated with Rome critera II.That's the better way to confirms "ibs".Right Eric?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.