Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
517 Posts
Hi,I have IBS-D, had it since my teens, am 45 now, have always been on the brink of anemia and have had to take a lot of iron-pills in my life. Iron makes my D even worse, but I think most people will get constipated when they take iron-pills. So it looks like you and I are some of the people who react rather differently to iron pills (I react the same to anything organic with iron in it, like healthy veggies like spinach and endives). Would be interesting to know if there are more people on this board who have the same reaction to iron!Fay

· Registered
517 Posts
Hi,I have IBS-D, had it since my teens, am 45 now, have always been on the brink of anemia and have had to take a lot of iron-pills in my life. Iron makes my D even worse, but I think most people will get constipated when they take iron-pills. So it looks like you and I are some of the people who react rather differently to iron pills (I react the same to anything organic with iron in it, like healthy veggies like spinach and endives). Would be interesting to know if there are more people on this board who have the same reaction to iron!Fay

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.