Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my total colon removed and have an internal pouch made out of my small bowel and I also suffer from lactose intolerance! I've have been diagnosed with Irritable Pouch Syndrome, the same symtoms as Irritable Bowel Syndrome minus the bowel. My main symtom is bloating!!! No matter what I try or eat. I've tried everything you can think of and I'm at my wits end. I'm taking a probiotic called VSL #3 and it seems to help sometimes. I've also tried Zelnorm as I have a motility problem (emptying my pouch) can be difficult at times. I go from contipated to diarreah. I avoid fruits and veg's and wheat fiber as too much of either causes me an obstruction i.e even a peeled apple chewed extremely well caused me an obstruction last week. Do you have any suggestions for my bloating? I also drink peppermint and fennel tea and no real change.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

I just saw your post and I have exactly the same symptoms. I have had my entire colon removed and now have IBS symptoms, plus lactose intolerance. Your posted this quite a while ago, but I was wondering if you have discovered new things in the meantime. My tactic right now is to eat a lot of soluble fibers, rice, pasta etc, and as little insoluble fibers as possible. It definitely makes a difference, but it is far from perfect.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.