Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33,934 Posts
I would have that checked out separately and not assume it is just the constipation causing it.I get periods of tachycardia (racing heart) which has nothing to do with being constipated, but it could be that the same thing is triggering both for you. Mine comes and goes usually for just a few minutes at a time. What is your pulse rate when this happens? Mine is like 220-280 and if it keeps up for more than 20-30 minutes I end up at the ER but then by that point I look like death warmed over and feel so bad I want to go to the ER. So far threatening to hook me up to an EKG machine has popped it back into rhythm so I've never had to be given emergency measures to put it back into normal rhythm. We'd like to get a trace of what it is doing when it goes off, but it's shy and won't keep going if they know it will be watched
One of the high blood pressure pills I take helps to prevent these episodes.I tend to get it when I am physically stressed (not enough sleep is a big one) or taking certain medications. I don't think constipation directly causes it, but it could be the stress during those times (physical or emotional) that sets it off then.K.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Are you talking about "pounding heart" or a rapid pulse? These are completely different. A rapid pulse should be checked out by your doctor. I have had IBS-C for 35 years and every time I have an attach, I get symptoms of cronic fatigue and the so called "pounding heart syndrome" which my doctor nor any research has turned up any possible cause or treatment. Assuming your pulse and blood pressure are normal, good luck finding any relief.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.