Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I would like to know if anyone is taking Lomotil daily and if your doctor said that it was safe to take it daily. I only take it when needed (like when traveling or any other stressful event).Thanks!God Bless!

·
Registered
49 Posts
That's strange, that you could only get 10 pills at a time. I have been on lomotil for over 2 years and I get them filled for 30 days at a time. The only thing I was told was to not take more than 6 a day. I don't know about how strong it is, but I do know there have been days that I have taken 5, and STILL will have problems w/ IBS-D. So, maybe it just depends on your doc and how they feel about the medication itself? I don't take it every single day normally. Usually just when I "need" it. But, in the past, I have taken it for several days in a row.

·
Registered
984 Posts
I've been on lomotil for quite a few years, usually get 30 days at a time too. I've only ever taken it when I really have to, like going somewhere where to have an attack of D would be a disaster. The only thing they sometimes give me is a headache and maybe a dry mouth, but they certainly have stopped the D. They can be quite dangerous to take if you get c-diff, which I got a few weeks ago, as they stop the body getting rid of the toxins. I'm not taking them presently until I'm retested for the c-diff.

·
Registered
661 Posts
I've taken Lomotil virtually everyday for years. I have stopped for a week here and there and never felt any withdrawal symptoms. That said, I usually only take 1 a day. My doctor has never said anything about it being a problem.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, My doc put me on lomotil i took 2 every 4 hours it didn't stop I ran like water I had a colon & stomach check had two polyps the size of a quarter No cancer
,IBS and acid reflux.I am still going like water but Librax helps the stomach pain and bloating

·
Registered
317 Posts
Hi:I take Bentyl 2 x a day and Lomotil with it 2 x a day. If I'm going out at night I take another dose of each pill. I have been doing this over a year and my gastro doc I could take it forever if needed. Had dry mouth when I started, but long went away.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.