Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My only symptom is bloating - sometimes bloating very bad - abdomen can get as hard as a rock - other times just really swollen. I have no D or C - bowel movements are somewhat normal.Is this IBS? If not, what is it?

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Do you have pain or discomfort with it?It by itself doesn't fall under IBS.They also do not fully understand all the mechanisms behind bloating or distension?Does it ease up when you lay down or when is it the best, does it happen at certain times of the day? Do you belch or pass gas a lot?Gas and Bloating / http://gastroresource.com/GITextbook/En/chapter1/1-9.htm I think you also mentioned before its worse during stress?

·
Registered
23,983 Posts

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Barb, you may also want to talk to your doctor to be teested for this."Small bowel bacterial overgrowth Too many bacteria in the upper part of the small intestine may lead to symptoms of bloating, pain, and diarrhea. Symptoms occur immediately after eating because the bacteria in the intestine begin to consume the food in the small intestine before it can be absorbed. Small bowel bacterial overgrowth is a result of abnormal motility in the small intestine."Its another possiblity perhaps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.