Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
o_o I've read that Butternut squash is all right to eat; it has fiber. But how 'bout Butternut squash soup? Like, with other ingredients in it. Got it off the back off a Saltine Cracker box D:. Recipe.
So...yes; no?
I was wondering mostly 'cause you use, like, an entire butternut squash in the soup, so I didn't know if it was okay to have that much. D:

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
I'd be more concerned about the other ingredients than the squash. I don't know that you would get more squash in a serving of soup than you would in a serving of the squash. The whole squash usually makes several servings (and you do peel it and take out the seeds and all that).It you are concerned about how much squash, just keep the serving size to a small portion until you know how it works for you. I mean most people don't eat a quart or so of soup and usually a whole squash makes that much soup. Look at the number of servings that recipe is supposed to make. I doubt it is one serving.Most of the recipes I see for butternut squash soup have a lot of butter and heavy cream so if fatty rich foods bother you, you may need to find a lower fat recipe.K.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.