Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Folks !! I have been posting my opinion or articles from time to time. Sorry I got limited access to internet here in INDIA . I was in uSA for 10 years just retuirned to India in JAN 1999. I have been dealing with IBS-C for the last 15 years.Sometimes some meds work sometimes they dont. I had earlier posted my post regarding CISAPRIDE . There is varying opinions regarding the medicine. The FDA had issued a warning regarding this med in JULY 2000 stating that it caused IRREGULAR HEA BEATS and should be taken under strict medical supervision. ALso if uyou are on antidepressants, or blood thinning nmeds or other meds like for arrthymia)sorry dont havew the article in front of me)it may cause major probs. I have tried many nmeds bit cisapride works beetter for me. I think it wa s taken off the market in USA but in INDIA doctors say and also the IMA (Indian MEdical Association) that CISAPRIDE has been used in India for the last 7 years and no major side effects have been reported although there are no groups or survey done statistically sp there is no way of knowing . I was on CISAPRIDE in 2000 and discontinued last year but I am back on along with the med COLOSPA )antispasmodic med)Mike NL you had commneted on my post but I think you could not find the article on CISAPRIDE...I have since spoken to my doc last week and he says it should not be used for a long time as there isa risk I do not know. Could someone using Cisapride tell me about their experiences?When I was on CISAPRIDE in 2000 I did have heart palpitaions or irregular heart beats but I do not know it wa s whether because I was also on aNTIDEPRESSANTS OR BECAUSE OF THE SEVERE AIR POLLUTION IN india.pLEASE sorry for the typos could anyone ERIC or MIKE post their views on CISAPRIDE?I would appreciate that very much. Feel free to email me .RegardsGary(in INDIA)PS:My apologies to MIKE aND luCIA AS I COULD NOT REPLY FAST DUE TO LIMITED INTERNET ACCESS

·
Registered
6,730 Posts
Hi Gary...Sorry, I just saw this post and I have to run off...Dolphins gave us free club seats for the playoff game in Miami against Baltimore ad I gotta GO GO GO.Be back tomorrow to ead this and reply. India hih? I have a frined who just came back from a month vacation in India. Gotta see the videos.And please tell V to keep his finger off the button OK?Until thenMNL

·
Registered
6,730 Posts
Hi Gary...Sorry, I just saw this post and I have to run off...Dolphins gave us free club seats for the playoff game in Miami against Baltimore ad I gotta GO GO GO.Be back tomorrow to ead this and reply. India hih? I have a frined who just came back from a month vacation in India. Gotta see the videos.And please tell V to keep his finger off the button OK?Until thenMNL

·
Registered
23,983 Posts

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts