Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I became very sick about 5 months ago with an undiagnosed GI illness. Docs believe it was a food poisoning or virus.One of my symptoms - Diarrhea - has persisted. I have had all of the tests (at least once!) and the docs have just labled my problem as "post-infectious IBS". The past five months have been really awful, but now it is getting worse for the following reason. In the past month, my poor husband has been experiencing all sorts of stomach problems too - stomach aches and diarrhea. I am so worried that I have given it to him, yet I know IBS is not supposed to be contagious. Any ideas here???? What could this be?

·
Registered
781 Posts
Have you been tested for parasites? I'm pretty sure IBS ISN'T infectious, but you could both have gotten parasites from the same source...contaminated drinking water or something like that.As for IBS ..In my experience it's what doctors tell you when they have no idea what is wrong with you and they have no idea what to do. It greatly depends on your doctor....

·
Registered
57 Posts
I've never heard of it being called post infectious IBS. I really don't think IBS is contagious. But, the parasite thing could be a possibility. Especially if your husband is displaying symptoms too. Do you have well water or are you in the city?Have you been to Mexico? Just a thought. They have bad water.See your Dr. again. Tamme

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
IBS isn't cantagious. It could be sympathy pains, but it is more likely a stomach flu or something like the food poisoning. You said you think you got food poisoning, did he also eat the same food or did he also catch the same virus?------------------ http://webpotential.com/ericibs/index.htm

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
IBS isn't contagious and if anyone ever told you it was then they don't know much about it to start with and I would look somewhere else personally.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.