Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well this is very interesting!!Allergy : symptomsIf all other medical causes of the following symptoms have been eliminated, the symptoms may be caused by allergy. This is especially true of symptoms that occur seasonally or that come and go. Skin Itching, burning, flushing, warmth, coldness, tingling, sweating behind neck. Itching of eyes, ears, vagina, rectum, etc. Hives, blisters, blotches, red spots, pimples, dermatitis or eczema. Ear, Nose and Throat Nasal congestion or sudden unblocking of congestion, sneezing, nasal itching, discharges, dry tickling throat, clearing throat, hacking cough, fullness in ears, ringing in ears, earache dizziness, imbalance, recurrent ear infections, fluid in middle ear. Eye Blurring of vision, pain in eyes, watery eyes, crossing of eyes, glare hurts eyes, eyelids twitching, itching, drooping or swollen, redness of inner angle or lower lid. Respiratory Shortness of breath, wheezing, coughing, formation of mucus alone or mucous membranes, tightness in chest, recurrent bronchial infections. Cardiovascular
Pounding heart (increased pulse rate), skipped beats, flushing, pallor, warm, cold, tingling, redness or blueness of hands. Gastrointestinal
Dryness of mouth, increased salivation, canker sores in mouth, itching palate, stinging tongue, toothache, burping, re-tasting heartburn, indigestion, nausea, vomiting, nervous stomach, difficulty in swallowing, rumbling in abdomen, abdominal pain, cramps, nervous bowel, spastic colon, diarrhea, mucous colitis, constipation. Urinary Frequent, urgent, or painful urination, inability to control bladder (children), bedwetting. Muscular Fatigue, weakness, muscle and joint pain, stiffness, soreness. Nervous System Headache, migraine, dizzy, compulsively sleepy, drowsy, dopey, slow, sluggish, dull, depressed, serious, tense, anxious, stimulated, overactive, restless, jittery, insomnia, head feels full or enlarged, floating, silly giggling, laughing, inebriated, unable to concentrate, feeling of separateness or apartness from others, amnesia for words and names. PMS Abdominal cramps, pain, personality changes. charlie

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Which came first; the chicken or the egg? Do allergies just exacerbate IBS symptoms or do they cause them? It's all a puzzle that no-one can put together yet. Anyone that discovers what the original cause is, and can come up with a cure, will be a billionaire. If it's someone on this BB, then I think they should take us all out to eat; whatever we want,and will hopefully be able to eat then!

G

·
Charlie, I think you've hit the nail right on the head with this one. I have been very concerned lately that allergies might be what is causing alot of my IBS symptoms. I seem to be allergic to just about everything under the sun, but to actually pinpoint each item is very difficult. There are some thing that if I eat them, they will cause immediate problems. Other things can have a slower reaction, thus making them more difficult to discover. There have been documented cases of people who were put on elimination diets, found their culprets, and stopped eating those things, that actually got their lives back to normal. It is not a case of Dr's just chalking it up to allergies. It is a "real" problem for some of us.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.