Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know some of you get D, or C, or both. But, is it always D? Like, after I eat (and usually depending on what I ate) I have to go. But sometimes and often, the stools are hard, but I can see food in them. Does anyone get that? Or is IBS only D?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Undeniable, Sometimes i can see food in my stool as well, but i usually have D when this happens.One thing that always ends up in my stool is the shells from popcorn and one time while having a bad attack i ate a poppyseed muffin and i saw the poppyseeds in it.It's gross and weird.. but never have i had it without D associated with it.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I'm mostly D and its funny to see stuff you just ate go pummeling through. Poppyseed, yes, and lettuce almost intact. I was surprised to find myself C on vacation. I thought I'd remain D. Go figure. It almost feels like I'm both at the same time. I feel constipaton cramps, then have D. sometimes strain to get the D out. I don't remember what normal is, wish I could ask people what their poops are like! Not very polite.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
IBS can be alternating C and D, C predominate or D predominate.The symptomatic defintion does not require it to be one way or another, just alterations in stool consistancy or frequency in either, or both directions.Every animal and person has some undigested bits of food in their stool. Most of how big the pieces are has to do with how well you chew it. One of the common ways of figureing out what someone or some animal eats/ate is to pull the stool apart and look at the undigested material,.K.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.