Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Glyphosates aka Roundup, is in just about everything we eat.
We seem to blame everything on gluten. How do we know the wheat/grain problem isn't this GMO problem?
Besides fodmaps BEWARE OF MANY "Gums" especially Xanthum gum, Carageenan,I can't eat any soy especially soybean oil and soy flour . The list goes on...

·
Registered
60 Posts
I ran into a scientist who was apparently working on this. Some people think the rise of IBS in the populations (was seen more evidently in UK first I think, and now in US) could be due to this. She totally scared me. She mentioned how other scientists and people in agriculture were being silenced or attacked/disappeared/killed by FDA and/or big agriculture for pushing/investigating these ideas.
So, I kind of stopped looking into it, because I literally didn't know what to eat that day or the next day, I had too much to worry about at the moment suffering from IBS.

But, it could be.
It could also be the rise in antibiotics in non-organic meat are now collectively affecting an increasing population of people causing the digestive imbalance, so that when a parasite comes along, it just wrecks your gut, combine that with the high-stress American life, and you get IBS (spastic colon).

It could also be the rise in people doing Atkins, Keto diets leads to people consuming more of these non-organic meats, or nuts with their skins full of phytic acid. Both of these things combined in high dosages and over long periods of time could be deteriorating an increasing number of people's guts.

Or, it could be the glyphosate you said, so that your gut can not really repopulate because the good bacteria can't stick around as the glyphosates inhibit them...

I don't know, but yes, because I didn't know, I did avoid food items with glyphosate my first few years of IBS. I mean I got a bad reaction anyway to eating corn and items with soy. Probably best for people to avoid until ghtey get better anyway.

What info do you have?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts