Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the past couple years, I've noticed my IBS symptoms have changed several times. The only thing that stays consistent, is that I have to go multiple times a day, and it's usually painfull. Well, you can throw extreme lack of energy and will to move, or live, in there too, but those symptoms are always there. Most recently, it's turned into what's almost a drip... sort of like a faucet with a tiny leak that comes every few hours. Feels massive, but isn't. It's like thinking you have a full glass to find out all you've got left is a little backwash (gross, huh?). I'm thinking that it's something I'm eating that's not digesting properly (I want a refund on my instestines), but I don't know what it could be. Anyways, was wondering if anyone elses symptoms change around often (other than from D to C and back, which seems to be common, just not for me).Side note, has anyone heard of or had any success with the Specific Carbohydrate Diet (SCD)? Coincidentally enough, many of my allergies line up with that diet.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Yeah I alternate between D and C, but I put that down to my medication (Imodium) if I take too much. Mainly suffer from D, and do have eppisodes of nausea, but thankfully these are few and far between.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I'm aware that alternating between D and C is common, but I'm curious about alternating within just one. I always have D, never C, but every several months it's a different type of D with other different symptoms.

G

·
Oh Chivalry - mine poo is like that bloody song about the rainbow - though substitute red and yellow and pink and blue (or whatever) with runny, and ribbed and two tone and yellow etc etc!! Get my drift - thats classic IBS (Flux will disagree I'm sure) but I've lived with all manner of different consistencies, symptoms (used to have hideous bloating pain, now have none of that, but painful legs and buttocks - why god knows?). I think these changing patterns, both with stool consistency and symptoms of other natures is what seems to characterise IBS for many bods on this board.Good luckSue, Manchester

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.