Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You read my tale several days ago. Am diagnosed as having no muscle tone left in bowel. (no suggestions given by surgeon).Can go okay in am but as soon as pm rolls around there is hard stool I cannot pass with bloating, gas, etc. (around 3 pm)Am I doing even more damage to pull it out?You can see the rest of my tale by scrolling back to "Told no muscle left in colon: Now what?"

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bump

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hello, you sound just like me, i too just made a post on "question about rectal fullness" read my post. i have to pull hard stool out also, i usually put in some(sorry) warm water. i do not know if its damaging, but if i dont do it, it drives me crazy to have stool in there. do you go ok in the morning? i do, the when another bm comes, i cant get it out!!!

·
Registered
190 Posts
I am new to this issue since I am IBS-D, but the meds that are so far working cause some C. Fiber and drinking LOTS of water is relieving my problem.I did want to comment on the water idea. That is what they would use if you had to get an enema (sorry too) at the doctors. You can even buy a plastic bulb that is used for this exact purpose.Good luck to you all!

G

·
Joan and Cookie ....You might like to take a look at this downloadable Acrobat file which vikee posted a few days ago ... it contains information on bowel care for people with spinal cord injuries, and includes advice on safe digital evacuation (i.e. "pulling it out"
). http://www.pva.org/sci/pubs/consumerbowelmain.htm Julie------------------*** Seeking accurate information in the fight against IBS ***

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cookie 30: Yes, I can go in the morning. I simply get bloated and bloated as workday goes on.At end of day I just insert a lubed middle finger and literaly pull down the stool. I know I've lost muscle tone in bowel. I read the PDF file, too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.