Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All, Just wondering if anyone else is like me. Lotronex helps the D, but I still need to take Lomotil almost everyday to get any type of solid BM. I saw no contraindications on the Lotronex prescribing sheet, but was wondering what you all thought about this? Many thanks for all your support and advice. BestTom

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
My main concern since no drug interactions are listed is that if your diarreha waxes and wanes any you might have a tendancy to over constipate yourself if you are not careful. If you cause an impactions or obstruction that can be a medical emergency. So if you don't go for more than a day I would stop everything until you are going again.K.

·
Registered
375 Posts
My doc said it was perfectly fine to take immodium with the lotronex when needed. I would not recommend doing it too frequently.You may need the Lotronex doseage upped a bit. I was on 1mg 2x per day. When it was no longer working well for me my doc added Pamine and Elavil, but if the D comes back I will be on 2mg 2x per day.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.