Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,I have posted previously on my fear of what I was passing in my BM and whenever I have noticed blood I always panic and assume the worst. My doctor has confirmed that I do have hemmies although not too bad, however when I said that it still worried me that I passed blood every now and then or noticed just a little bit on the paper she said bloody stools were associated with IBS??? I thought this was incorrect but lacked the nerve to challenge her. Is this true? is a certain amount of blood and bloody mucus normal???ThanksEl

·
Registered
23,983 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Eric,Thanks for those links. I too thought that she must have got her wires crossed but she was insistent that it was IBS. I have had a rectal exam and not so long ago my blood was checked and was normal as far as I know! I have not suffered weight loss and although I am very fatigued I think this is mainly to do with a 16 month old son, new job and the fact I suffer from anxiety. I have been going to the loo about 3-4 times a day but it is much better formed (not too soft/not too hard)than when my IBS was really playing up but there does appear to be pinkish blood intermingled on occasion with the stool and occasionally when I wipe. I am so petrified all the time and this has been going on for about 1 year now and the doctors kepp telling me it is nothing to worry about. I just don't know what to do anymore!!!El

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.