Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been under a lot of stress from having been given temporary custody of my two month old granddaughter. My son and his wife are always over arguing and I get stressed easy.I have had D and indigestion, nausea and back pain. Does this sound familiar???Help!! I'm leaving on vacation in two days.Can stress make this happen?

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Wow, that sounds like big time stress. So sorry you're going through that. Stress can make IBS flare up. The back problem may be from your muscles tensing up. If your back muscles are tense and you use them the wrong way, you can pull them. That just happened to me the other day just opening the door. Getting older doesn't help. Sounds like you need that vacation.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Wow, that sounds like big time stress. So sorry you're going through that. Stress can make IBS flare up. The back problem may be from your muscles tensing up. If your back muscles are tense and you use them the wrong way, you can pull them. That just happened to me the other day just opening the door. Getting older doesn't help. Sounds like you need that vacation.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
GailSusan,Thanks much for your reply. About my back, it's wierd but I stepped out of my shower in July and it hurt right then.Since then, I have pain in my lower left back that bugs me.Plus, the family stress makes it feel worse. Thank goodness, the baby is going to stay with the other grandparents today.So, stress can aggravate IBS....interesting!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
GailSusan,Thanks much for your reply. About my back, it's wierd but I stepped out of my shower in July and it hurt right then.Since then, I have pain in my lower left back that bugs me.Plus, the family stress makes it feel worse. Thank goodness, the baby is going to stay with the other grandparents today.So, stress can aggravate IBS....interesting!

·
Registered
428 Posts
Lana1,Stress and Anxiety are my triggers. Nothing else seems to trigger me....but STRESS and ANXIETY sure do.Nausea, Muscle Aches and "D" (actually any abdominal problems) are all symptoms of stress and anxiety. When I am having IBS "Flare ups" I also usually have some nausea, muscle aches, "D", "P", etc, etc. The Nausea and muscle aches are not from the IBS but from all the symptoms are related to the stress and anxiety.FYI... Once I get into a Stressful time or Anxiety Ridden time it will take me a long time to completely get over it. It has taken up 4-6 months to get completely out of it. So the back pain from July could be from that. HOWEVER...that being said...it could be that you just twisted your back getting out of the shower and it's taking it's time healing.KARL

·
Registered
428 Posts
Lana1,Stress and Anxiety are my triggers. Nothing else seems to trigger me....but STRESS and ANXIETY sure do.Nausea, Muscle Aches and "D" (actually any abdominal problems) are all symptoms of stress and anxiety. When I am having IBS "Flare ups" I also usually have some nausea, muscle aches, "D", "P", etc, etc. The Nausea and muscle aches are not from the IBS but from all the symptoms are related to the stress and anxiety.FYI... Once I get into a Stressful time or Anxiety Ridden time it will take me a long time to completely get over it. It has taken up 4-6 months to get completely out of it. So the back pain from July could be from that. HOWEVER...that being said...it could be that you just twisted your back getting out of the shower and it's taking it's time healing.KARL

G

·
Back pain, nausea, stomach cramps, epigastric pain, Diarrhea, hemmorrhoids, stress depession. All these things I suffer on a daily basis. Why stressors end up in my gut rather than a system that can handle it I dont know. It is a most miserable condition to have and for me has been difficult to control. I have taken all the meds I have read about here, sometimes nothing helps.I have heard maybe meditation would help but havent tried that yet. I am 47 and have had this since I was 20. Hope you remiss for a while.

G

·
Back pain, nausea, stomach cramps, epigastric pain, Diarrhea, hemmorrhoids, stress depession. All these things I suffer on a daily basis. Why stressors end up in my gut rather than a system that can handle it I dont know. It is a most miserable condition to have and for me has been difficult to control. I have taken all the meds I have read about here, sometimes nothing helps.I have heard maybe meditation would help but havent tried that yet. I am 47 and have had this since I was 20. Hope you remiss for a while.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.