Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Hi, Questran is a cholesterol-lowering medication that works by binding itself to bile. It's side effect is that it can be constipating. It's especially effective on gall bladder or post-gall bladder surgery patients because it is the bile causing that problem. It can be effective for other types of D, as it's constipating side effect can work on any type of D. The doctors are always throwing all kinds of meds at us that aren't actually meant for D, but have the constipating side effect (thus, all the horrid antidepressants they prescribe for us). Since Questran never enters the blood stream and has an extremely low incidence of side effects, I believe it to be worth trying for any type of D. It will not make you dizzy, dopey, sleepy, stupid, tired, achey, cross-eyed, or silly.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Realist, I totally agree with HereIam. Questran is not only for gallbladder problems, in fact, it was not even developed for that problem. As HereIam states, it was developed to lower cholesteral. It just has this wonderful, for us anyway, side effect of being constipating; and it is lowering our cholesteral, an additional welcom side effect. Go for it! HereIam,, I liked your descriptives. It appeared as though you were naming the 7 dwarves, dopey, sleepy, dizzy,etc. How right you are,, that's all those other meds every did for me!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.