Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Usually mine are a typical brown color. But sometimes it will be a pea green color. I know the day after I take my iron it's black. I take my iron twice a week or more depending on the consistancy of my stools. But today I'm not C and I don't have D. But I do have slight stomach irritation and I had a bad week. So I'm just wondering if the color holds some kind of significance related to IBS?

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Generally stool color is a factor of what you ate or how fast the stool moved through the colon (bile starts out yellow or green but turns brown over time).There is no specific stool color that indicates IBS, but many IBSers become more aware of stool color variation because they tend to look more than other people.Black and tarry can indicate bleeding high in the GI tract, but like you notice iron supplements, some foods, and pepto bismol can all turn stool much darker than usual.K.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I don't think stool color matters unless it is BLACK which is indicator that there is blood in your stool. I have so many different colors and consistencies I could write a book about it. LOL And too, depending on how fast my digestive tract works, I can poop out completely undigested food. I can literally see the food I ate 20 minutes ago, like lettuce, broccoli, tomatoes, etc.
It is all pretty disgusting but hey what can ya do.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.