Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone else's tummy bloat up when they drink a lot of liquid?? i lovvve juice, but if i drink a whole glass in too short of time, i end up looking like i'm pregnant! and i'm really skinny so it looks weird!

G

·
LOL! My tummy bloats just cuz it feels like it.I was trying on jeans at a Lerner store a few days ago, and the sales clerk said I looked great for someone who just had a baby.I didn't bother correcting her, I didn't want to emabarass her!!------------------Color Rainbows in the Rain

G

·
I have a belly sometimes too and am skinny. Every once in a while, when I get a very long and bad extended bout of IBS, I know it is coming on because my belly gets huge. The next day, I have horrible D all day and it usually goes for 2 days. I know I am going to be okay again soon when my belly returns to normal. Luckily my boyfreind thinks it is "cute". ( I wish I thought the IBS was cute!!!!!!!!!!!)

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
I know what you mean. By the end of the day my waist measurement can be up to 6 inches larger than my normal size. What are we supposed to do about clothes?? Get changed half way through the day?! Liquid does bloat me also, but I find that goes down quicker than the other kind of bloating which is from food. I find drinking strong cammomile tea and taking some Rennie deflatine helps a bit.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I sure know what you're talking about...I usually have to unbutton my Levi's by 5 pm or so...and once a friend whom I hadn't seen in a while patted my stomach and asked me, when is the little bugger due?
My partner doesn't mind either when I look several months pregnant, thank God, but what we do mind is the pain that goes with the gas...any idea what to do about that???

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
As a male, I couldn't pass for pregnant, but if I were female I would. I have a low weight of 72 at age 18 and 5'2". I look like a candy apple on a stick. It stays that way until I have a violent expulsion of gas or D, and comes back within the next 6-12 hours. Nearly all food makes me bloated with the exception of nuts and peanut butter. I drink 12 glasses of water a day since I use milk of magnesia daily, but the bloating is not a response to eating (unless it's more food than I'm used to) or drinking.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.