Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imodium is really reaching the boiling point of not working for me anymore. i'm up to 4 pills a day with no luck. My doctor told me he would put me on bentyl. I might need him to prescribe a generic for me, and something that's really strong. Can I get him to do that? I don't have a lot of money.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Drugstore.com pricesBentyl - 20mg TabletsQuantity Our Price30 tablets $29.99The GenericDicyclomine HCl - 20mg TabletsQuantity Our Price30 tablets $11.99There isn't really a stronger in an antispasmodic, just which one, if any, works for you.http://www.drugstore.com/pharmacy/prices/d...&trx=1Z5006 has the prices of larger quantities.

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
And antispasmodics won't necessarily stop Diarrhea. That isn't their intended design. They can slow gut spasms.. but they are not an anti-diarrheal.You might also look at when you are taking the imodium.For example if I waited til AFTER the D starts.. it won't work for me either. I take it preventatively WITH meals.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
4 imodium is not a lot per day so don't give up on the imodium.I take 4 imodium twice a day and was told by a doctor that this isn't a particularly large dose for IBS sufferers.I found Bentyl had none of the effects of imodium so after trying Bentyl you can still go back to imodium.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi Jakora,I am currently taking the Dicyclomine generic for Bentyl. I started taking it on Feb 1st. I hope it works for you. I am going back to the dr tomorrow. Other than making me very sleepy (which was great at night) it really didn't do anything for me. but it is a antispasmatic medicine and that is really not what I need. I hope it all works out for you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.