Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This situation was my first symptoms i had even just before my ibs implantation.I heard that some medication can absorb the acidity.If Questran is probably not an option du to my feeling of incomplete evac.,then which medication can stop the acidity who probably comes from excessive bile or abnormal sensitivity?

·
Registered
577 Posts
Spasman,I know exactly how you feel, I thought I was the only one with this problem. My doctor doesnt want me to take Questran because it can be so constipating.I have major excess bile that is extremely painful. Even though I'm very constipated, sometimes I get what I call "bile diarrhea" but I still have to strain to get it out ... and its soooo painful. Mostly my stools are yellow or green.Do you know what is causing the bile or acid? Do you find that it is worse when your stomach is empty, like first thing in the morning?I thought I was the only one with this problem, it does help to know that I'm not alone, but I still cant figure out why I have this problem and why its not being absorbed. What do your docs have to say about it?You mentioned "IBS Plantation", what does this mean?

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe that is the trapped gas who cause irritation but maybe that the stool are simply acid.
It sucks!!!I think this acid feeling can occurs in non-ibs as well.For your colored stools,do you take chlorophyl or something really green?I had green stools with chlorophyl.Take seems very unusual if you dosen't eat green things...

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
IBS implantation,not plantation LOL! If you don't know implantation,i know this word work in french.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Spasman,I dont eat or drink anything green or yellow and the bile is very mucousy and watery and very acidic and painful. It only started about 5 months after I had my colon removed. It seems that its not being absorbed and is burning my intestines like crazy. It's one of the most painful experiences I have and its worse in the morning when my stomach is empty.I'm trying to figure out what could sooth the intestines but havent come up with anything. I've tried antacids but that only effects the stomach.

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes ,my stomach is very sensible when it's empty.I still have my colon.I think the acidity in my case seems to be cause from the trapped gas mainly.Trapped gas are acidic as well but i'm not sure that the bile have nothing to do with this hell.Leaky gut is very confusing also...2btrue,maybe you should consider pain medication.Anti-acid for the bowel would be a godsend !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I heard that mineral oil in the rectum lubricate the area and help.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I thought your pain is more in the intestine and/or colon area, not rectum, therefore I couldnt imagine the enema helping, or am I missing somehing?I cant imagine trapped gas causing burning - it usually causes bloating, pressure and pain (?)What about aloe vera juice or slippery elm - have you tried that?I am on heavy duty narcotics but I have so many layers of pain and the side effects of narcotics are pretty rough - one being constipation - Ijust cant win!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.