Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was having pain at first and frequent BM's that were light tan. They started getting darker occasionally right before my first doctor's appointment. She prescibed Nexum for the burning I was having. After starting that my BM's became loose, frequent and more urgent. I then tried fiber. that gave me D. So I tried Calcium. That was helping a little, making me go several times still, and still loose, but only in the morning. Then I read the info about Nexum which says it causes Frequent Loose stools. I quit that. About a week later, no change in stools. THen I had the BIG D one day. (10 times, pure liquid, sorry to be graphic) Then suddenly I have started having firm stools. However, they are not normal. All my BM's but one since that episode of D, have been broken up in pellet like form. They are firm and I have some trouble passing the BM (not enough to concern me, but not easy either) I am still on the calcium. Is this constipation, or should I just bump down my Calcium dose a little? I only take 2 a day. Also, I do have a BM everyday now. I am still having some stomach pain, Gas and burning. Oh I should mention before this mess I had BM's about every 2-3 days, they were usually rather firm and took a little work to pass too. That was my normal for as long as I can remember. Should I just add some veggies or fruit back in, I have been avoiding that for fear of D.Sara

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
I would try decreasing the Calcium first. Trying too many things at once can make it difficult to find what will work for you. If decreasing it doesn't work after a while, then I'd slowly increase my fiber. I had that problem - started with the recommended dose on the container and I ended up being worse off! Fiber can be tricky, so slow and lots of water should help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.