Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a question. what is the exact sort of pain you get if you are constipated, because i dont think i recognise it, for instance on saturday i have the worst D ever, after i had been as much as i thought i should i took two entrocalm to stop it, then i started back on my calcium that i have been taking for a couple of weeks, but last night i had such a weird feeling. i dont know what you would call specifically this part of your body but you know about 2 inches down from your belly button, all along there? is that like your groin or low abdoman? well anyway all across there mostly and kind of going round the sides was the most uncomfy achey, more like constant pressure pain all night, it was better if i lay flat if i bent forward it was worse, would that be the sort of constipated pain? i havent been since i had D on saturday but that isnt that long for me, its only tuesday now

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
I'm not sure pain from constipation is different than pain from diarrhea or pain with the gastrocolic reflex or any other thing that may be going on at the time of the pain.You can't really diagnose much in the GI tract based on the "quality" of the pain. It isn't constipation pain is stabbing but diarrhea pain is pinching, or anything like that.Pain is pretty much pain, doesn't matter what triggered it.K.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts