Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello everyone, would be glad to hear some advice whether i have IBS or not.

So i am 23 y/o male, good diet, no overweight, got social anxiety, but it does not really bother me that much lately.

So last ~10 years i got those strange pains in this area: Thing is, I always got them once in ~6 months for no real reason, but since it was so uncommon, it didn't really bother me. But month ago i reduced calorie intake and those spasms/pains become much more frequent, nearly every day.

So the pain is always in the lower center of abdomen and it begins quite weak and grows in the period of minute or so, and when it reaches the strongest point, i just have a some poop (always not much). After this pain completely gone, but after minute or so, it comes back growing stronger and same cycle continues for 10-20 minutes. Now the pain is very strong at highest point and completely gone after i defecate. The stool is soft and no blood, i have neither constipation nor diarrhea, but sometimes this pain comes when i have constipation though.

So are those symptoms similar to IBS? Thank you.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Pain that lessens after a BM is a classic IBS symptom. So much so that it is often used diagnostically as not much else causes that pattern.

Many with IBS have rectal hypersensitivity so it over-responds to being filled up. If you have a change in frequency that counts for IBS. Not just full on watery diarrhea or full on constipation.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts