Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, i was diagnosed with ibs on friday, i started with bad stomach pains last monday, 2 days after returning from a week in turkey, i was also suffering with diarroea. the doctor said i have ibs, due to a change in my diet. will i always have this now? i have never suffered with stomach problems before,

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
IBS is chronic (long lasting) but that doesn't mean permanent and uncontrollable.Most people find something that greatly reduces their symptoms (either diet, lifestyle, supplements or medications) and it is fairly common for it to go into remission usually in the 1-5 year range (technically you need 6 months of symptoms to get the diagnosis and is usually doesn't go away the next day)

·
Registered
76 Posts
I'm a little confused...but then I'm always a little confuzzled, its a curse of the curious mind.
How did your doctor arrive at an IBS diagnosis so quickly? Between all the stool/urine/blood/allergy/etc. tests, and various scans/scopes that can be used, getting an IBS diagnosis takes time.
the doctor said i have ibs, due to a change in my diet
That sounds like a temporary condition; That a radical and sudden change of diet has irritated your GI tract, and that it will re-adjust eventually. Call your doctor and ask. No sense in continuing to worry if, perhaps, its not necessary. I'll keep hoping for you that its just that -temporary.If not, well, you'll find a lot of very good advice and support here from the many knowledgeable and helpful folks, like Kathleen.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.