Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm back on the doctor circuit again...GP, GYN, Urologist and now Gastro tomorrow.

I'm having "new" pain...in my upper stomach that comes and goes ( not here now) since January and then an almost constant lower back+ pelvic crampy feeling that isn't new per se, it was my constant companion during my fertile years and caused many trips to Gyn. Also have been dealing with hemorrhoid issues that are getting better after a bout with the flu ( advice found here using clear vaseline has helped the hardness feeling) Had all Gastro testing in my early to mid 40's - 2 colonoscopies/endos, hyda, blood, stool testing, ultrasounds, MRI, CT scans. All fine. Just GERD and IBS.

Now that I'm in meno (57) this cramping appears stronger and I had bladder symptoms last month that brought me to Uro -for what I thought was an infection: fullness/pain twinges/weak stream/urgency- urine clear. Now onto Gastro as I fear it's not just IBS & has progressed to colon cancer -- I've aged into that population. For someone with anxiety, it's difficult to accurately track or see patterns and I have anxiety induced memory issues as well = I don't remember my symptoms exactly. So it can all be new or different...like my bathroom habits. Or maybe just a weird different flare- is that something that happens ?

Not certain of my IBS type after reading here. I've been thinking about my patterns-it was always a large formed stool that caused excruciating pain moving through and then the rush of diarrhea or large plop of mush after the pain ended. A lot of time with urgency. Haven't had that pain as much as before...not for a long time in fact- that I can remember, but I don't remember much anymore. But do have the formed and the rush. I also have every changing stool---thin, normal, pieces,pellets, flat green, yellow, dark brown, light brown, green ( blueberries), Every day is different. No rhyme or reason ( and if there was, I'd miss it!!).

Always believed I was IBS -D-- now I'm wondering if it could be changing or always was IBS C and that is the cause of fullness and symptoms-- a flare? My stool does sometimes appear smaller, harder and I feel constipated and full /have to go. I also have more intestinal gas than ever before gassy and flatulence. While it's not as bad as it was a month ago...it's still there. Add that feeling of fullness in pelvic area, lower back pain and the feeling that my rectum is pressing out- pressure ( Gyn said it wasn't but she saw Hemmoroids- stool test came back clear). No blood during movements at home either.

Does this sound IBS C, IBS D, IBS A ? Is this kind of change something that happens in IBS after all these years or sound like the something different you always hear heralds a different dx than IBS? Typical with age or in general? Just looking for some experiences and thoughts before my appointment.

Thanks in advance. Sorry it's so long, I know I "sound" like a loon!

·
Registered
485 Posts
Upper stomach pain is due to excessive gas in stomach. By reading your post in detail I grasped that it is ibs-d. Due to urinary problem the symptoms changed to some extent.Hemorrhoids put pressure on rectum instead of Vaseline use medicated ointment.memory issue due to anxiety is not the only reason.it also happens due to age,I'm 52 now I can't memorize any thing even I can't remember in the evening what I have eaten in the morning.your testing reports are normal.
The stool constituency some times depends on what diet you eat,colour is also depending on that.Due to change of symptoms you are frightened very much .You are not progressed to cancer.it is due to excessive fear in mind.
After visiting gi doctor you give information to forum.

Take care.
Thanks.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thank you for your reply. I'm hoping that it is my mind! I appreciate your opinion on D or C. I will post again after my appointment.
I anted to add that my testing for IBS ( cts, colonoscopies, etc) were done over a decade ago. I've only had regular gyn exams, ultrasounds, urine dips and stool wipe tests...all negative.
Thanks again, this was helpful to read for my anxiety.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I have done my endoscopy,colonoscopy,x-Ray etc 20 years ago,meanwhile symptoms changed many times.But I don't think it another thing.it's IBs and due to ibs.

Thanks.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
update to Gastro visit...talky talky, listen to bowel, press here and there and then schedule for Colonoscopy and Endo on June 11. Pain until then I guess.
No meds, no suggestions, no help now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts